Arches

Arches
Arches at Glendalough 2009

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Genealogy Goals for 2011

Well another year over and new one about to begin. What will 2011 bring for us? Here are a few of my resolutions...
1. Volunteer via familysearch.org
            Every time I log on the site I found more and more leads. From my gr-gr-grandmother's death cert to finding family in the RI Census, I love this site. It is going to be exciting to see what documents they extract next. My goal is to volunteer twice a month...a doable goal since I'm on there often.

2. Attend a genealogy conference.
     My favorite conference is the New England Regional Genealogy Conference. This year it will be held in Springfield, MA. Visit http://www.nergc.org/ for more information.

3. Give back to others.
      I like genealogy so when I can I try to help others.

4. Share my genealogy with others.
     I'm blogging this and have started blogging my family tree. My goal is to blog two family members a month. I have another blog site http://casey365ofgenealogy.blogspot.com/ where I have blogged my grandparents except for my paternal grandmother. She is next. I've included online sites where I found the information about them.

5. Complete my first chapter for my Civil War uncles. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I found some great information on my family in town records. I'm now working on compiling information about them through a variety of sources. Stay tuned for this one.

These are my genealogy goals and I hope to keep to them.
Happy 2011 everyone and may your genealogy searches be successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment